06 February 2013

Definition Of A Succesful Human Being...


"To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded. "

 (Ralph Waldo Emerson)



2 comments:

  1. What an amazing quote and one I really needed to read tonight. I'll write it in my journal...NOW! Thank you! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

  2. I too like to collect meaningful quotes! Glad you like it!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!