02 November 2012

Amongst The Destruction...

Ruthless Hurricane Sandy has left many victims and much damage in her wake. Rescuers continue their relentless work as we keep everyone in our prayers!

Amongst the destruction, an iconic loss...


Tall ships have allowed us to dream of past daring feats...


 We will miss the HMS Bounty!

'After spending more than 90 hours and covering approximately 12,000 overlapping square nautical miles in the Atlantic Ocean the US Coast Guard have suspended S & R for the 1789 Tall Ship replica HMS Bounty's Captain Robin Walbridge.'

Broadcast news confirmed 14 crew members rescued despite the cruel sea, one death and one lost at sea...


Prayers and thoughts goes with the families of both crew members!
May they rest in Peace...

From a Sailor's prayer...

"The Lord is my pilot, I shall not go adrift; 
He lighteth my passage across dark channels; 
He steereth me through the deep waters, He keepeth my log. 
He guideth me by the evening star for my safety's sake. 
Yea, though I sail mid the thunders and tempest of life, 
I shall fear no peril for Thou art with me. 
The vastness of thy sea upholds me. 
Surely fair winds and safe harbors shall be found all the days of my life; 
And I shall moor, fast, and secure, forever.
Amen."



1 comment:

  1. My husband had told me about this ship...so sad for her and the people manning it! Such devastation! I am so far behind on catching up with everyone. I hope this finds you well and safe!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!