12 February 2012

Praying And Hoping

(Heart of Spring by Lori Preusch)

For my Daughter...

I thought of you so much today
I went to God in prayer,
To ask Him to watch over you
And show you that I care.
My prayer for you was not for rewards
That you could touch or feel,
But true rewards for happiness
That are so very real.
Like love and understanding
In all the things you do,
And guidance when you need it most
To see your troubles through.
I asked Him for good health for you
So your future could be bright,
And faith to accept life's challenges
And the courage to do what's right.
I gave thanks to Him
For granting my prayer
To bring you peace and love.
May you feel the warmth in your life
With God's blessings from above.
 
(author unknown) 

Life is such all of us face challenges daily...For us this week was the hardest challenge of all...Seeing our daughter undergoing Emergency Surgery...No parent likes to see their child in pain.

Albeit a simple procedure for most, it became apparent within a few hours hers was not without dangers. Her stay in hospital was longer than we expected.

I have always hated hospitals! Whilst I know she was in good hands, it was with some relief we took her home this weekend hoping and praying her recovery would not take long. 
She has a long road ahead of her...
 
It appears life has changed for all of us and prayers would be welcome!
 
Have a blessed Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of your daughter's surgery. Will definitely keep her in prayer for recovery. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!