02 January 2012

Hope for the New Year

(Painting by Connie Tom)

Grey skies, rainy weather, daylight almost gone...
Island winter weather...Blah!
MacIntosh the Corgi and I ran into the garden for a few minutes to play frisbee...
Maira the Cat snuggles by the radiator...
I wish for colours, I wish for Spring...
Rain, rain, go away!

I took the Christmas tree down this morning...
It always feel sad...
Each ornament found its place in the storage boxes, the Nativity set carefully wrapped and tucked betwixt the stockings...
Until next Christmas...
Already ideas came into my head about adding something to the festivities,
Next time, 
Perhaps...

Like many we said goodbye to 2011 and place much hope for 2012...
It will only be as good as we make it...
We will try, we will pray and we will hope...
Hope, a four letter word which holds so much power...

Hope is the dream of a soul awake...
(French proverb)

Hope is the word which God has written on every man's brow.
(Victor Hugo)

Hope is not a dream, but a way of making dreams become reality.
(L. J. Cardinal Suenens)
 Blessings to all,

2 comments:

  1. Very poignant piece. I know exactly how you feel!
    It's been grey here for weeks, no snow to give it that festive feel. Took the tree down today and packed everything away. We just have to look forward as you say with...Hop0e!
    Love and hugs
    Annxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel really sad when I have to take the tree down after Christmas especially when the weather is as bad as it is at the moment here - grey, rainy, windy...

    Little things that make me smile help, but mainly I just wait for a week or so to feel good again ;-) Great post.

    PS: Thanks for your lovely comment, the panettone pudding recipe is from Nigella Lawson's Christmas book, but I haven't yet had the time to copy it out for you. I will email it as soon as I have a moment. Though I guess there's now a bit of time before next Christmas ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!