13 January 2011

Babies, tiny fingers and toes and dreams

As the days goes by, our young friend shares with us the latest news about her pregnancy. She is expecting for late Spring.
Yesterday she told us her Doctor confirmed tiny ears are formed and yes, Baby can hear Mum and Dad's voices... And so, a new miracle is once again happening...

We are excited and because we are faraway, we are thankful to have the Internet and to be able to see the sonograms and share with her these special moments!

I remember how I felt the first time I felt my babies move, I see in my mind the very first time I held them and what a precious moment it was to hold their hands and count their toes...

Girl or Boy, it matter not. Healthy, we pray and thank you God, we say!

I found the following poem and wanted to share it with you.

God's masterpiece!

From graceful lilies pure and white,

God fashioned lovely skin,
Forget me nots he chose for eyes,
Then formed your baby chin.
He took a tulip bright and red --
'Twas one that did not fade;
A softer, sweeter little mouth
Before was never made.
Another flower next He used --
A rosebud, pink and fair;
Touched it to your dimpled cheeks
And bade it blossom there.
Then with His magic fingers picked
Two morning glories white;
Curled and shaped your little ears,
Soon they were fastened tight.
That crowning bit of golden down
Will soon become your hair;
He gathered pollen from the flowers,
And sprinkled it with care.
For dainty little fingers dear
And precious, tiny toes,
He used slender daisy frills;
A snowdrop made your nose.
This world and all within it
He created here for man;
But Baby was "God's Masterpiece"
Since time and life began!

(Poem by Dora Dinsmore)

And so, we dream... Spring is near and she or he will soon be here...

2 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by today and entering my contest...I love this post I am going to be a grandmother in July and love that poem I am going to send it to my daughter-in-law...its beautiful this is my first grandbaby from my firstborn son I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love this poem!!! I am going to be a grandmother in July and I am so forwarding this to my son and his wife!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!