21 October 2010

Day of the Deployed coming up on 26 October 2010

On the 26th of October 2010 we will celebrate the 5th Annual Day of the Deployed. Let's not forget for a moment the many Men and Women who are putting their lives on the line to protect and preserve our Way of Life. Let's also take a moment to remember their loved ones who in turn have sacrifice so much in the name of our Freedom.

Take a moment to salute these brave Men and Women, remember a Veteran, help the family of a Deployed Soldier. Write a letter, send a parcel, inquire if the spouse of a Deployed needs help perhaps by babysitting for an afternoon or an evening for i.e.
There are many ways to help so please, let's take a moment out of our busy time to remember them.

As a Soldier Angel I have the opportunity to make a small difference in the life of a National Guard deployed friend and I enjoy sharing through correspondence and parcels what is happening here on the home front whilst praying she will soon be home amongst her loved ones.

There are still many such soldiers waiting to be adopted. Please visit Soldier's Angels site to find out more!

In honour of the Day of the Deployed a Poem was written. I wanted to share this with you:

I Am the One


I am the one,
who was
there in the fight that won
the United States of America the right to be
the land of the free and voice of liberty.

I am
the one,
who does what must be done
to save and protect
what we all hold dear and respect.

I am
the one,
who doesn't run
when faced with an enemy's gun,
always
there, standing tall
in response to my cherished nation's call.

I am
the one,
whose life was undone,
while doing my very best
for you and all
the rest
during a noble quest.

I am
the one,
who is a daughter, son,
or ano
ther loved one,
proudly serving
the USA
every single day
in
the Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Army or National Guard
with it never being about me...
but out of love for my great country!

By David G. Bancroft Copyright © 2005 All Rights Reserved


Latest news from Soldier's Angels. Will you help?

Please help to fill our First Response Backpacks. We have enough empty backpacks, but we need Angel Power to help fill them by sending supplies directly to the Combat Support Hospitals. For complete directions, please email Roger at rgodskesen@soldiersangels.org with the subject line "BACKPACKS." Tell him what you can send and how many of each item and he’ll tell you where to send it.

Please note this post reflects my opinion only. I was not asked to write anything about this special event but felt compelled to spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!