17 August 2010

The soul of C.S. Lewis, a Tyndale Book review


Written and edited by Wayne Martindale, Jerry Root and Linda Washington, the Soul of C. S. Lewis is an amazing book reflecting the wonderful world of fiction and non fiction work which inspired so many readers!

I will admit to being a fan albeit sometimes a confused one when confronted with C.S. Lewis's ideas of fictional life versus real life. In this book each of the 26 stories discussed by the authors/editors describes life as we know it, dreams of Heavenly life and C.S. Lewis wonderful creation of fictional characters which has fascinated generations of young readers around the world.

Chapters discussed also contains excerpts of the author's books as well as ten related meditations for each one, inspiring us to deeper understanding of the relationship between our lives and others surrounding us. This is truly a challenge to know God in a much more meaningful way.
A well written and inspiring book, the soul of C.S. Lewis is an excellent addition to your Christian library!

I give it 4 stars!

Also from Wayne Martindale:

I received this book from Tyndale house Publishers as part of their Blogger Review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!