12 January 2010

England

I wonder if anyone likes as much this hymn?

-Jerusalem-
(From a poem by William Blake)

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem build here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green and pleasant land.

It always gives me a special feeling. This hymn is one of the best in the Church of England hymnal book and I never tire of it. I could slay a dragon after singing this!

I have been looking at fares as we will be visiting my husband's family again this year and humming this hymn. There is not a spot in the whole kingdom where History is not reflected, you feel it, it is tangent.

My favourite spot is a little place called Rye by the Romney Marshes. It has some wonderful bookstores and browsing through these is pure ambrosia! I wonder what I will find this year. I like strolling through the harbour also and checking out antiques and collectibles. A stroll through town, especially Mermaid Street makes me feel so good! Canterbury, Hythe and Hastings I hope will see us too.

This year I hope to find a few good yarn shoppes in Kent. I have just received lots of baby booties and hats patterns thanks to my posting on HAIN (Heavenly Angels in Need) Random Acts of Kindness list. I promised myself to knit lots of tiny Angels outfits this year again!

Yes, I am dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to share dreams and always enjoy meeting kindred spirits!
Thank you for stopping by!